Support Your Neighborhood. Support LCA
LCA’S NEW MEMBER VALUES PROGRAM LAUNCHES
Read about the values made exclusively available to LCA members in good standing.
BECOME A MEMBER OF LINCOLN CENTRAL
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm, Jun 1, 2019 – Spring Zing
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jun 11, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Jun 23, 2019 – 5th Annual Summer Sipper
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jul 9, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Aug 13, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Sep 10, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Oct 8, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Nov 12, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Dec 10, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jan 14, 2020 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Feb 11, 2020 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Mar 10, 2020 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- It’s Not Just You: This Spring Has Been Unusually Rainy And Cold May 24, 2019DOWNTOWN — It’s not just your imagination: This spring has been way rainier and chillier than usual in Chicago. As of Thursday, the city’s gotten 12.84 inches of precipitation this spring, said AccuWeather meteorologist Tony Vartman. The city typically has just 8.5 inches by this point of the season (and 9.5 inches for all of […]
- Chicago Lost Another 10,000 Residents Last Year, According To New Census Data May 23, 2019DOWNTOWN — Chicago has continued to shrink, according to new data from the Census Bureau. The city’s 2018 population fell to 2,705,994 — meaning Chicago is still the third-largest city in the country, but it’s continuing its years-long trend of losing people, according to data released Thursday from the Census Bureau. In 2017, the city’s […]
- Instagram-Friendly BomboBar Adds A Bright New Flavor To Gelato Lineup May 22, 2019CHICAGO — BomboBar, the sidewalk cafe known for over-the-top sweet treats, has added a new flavor to its gelato lineup. The cafe, which is built into the side of Bar Siena at 832 W. Randolph St., will soon serve Sugar Clouds. The new flavor will be a blend of blue and pink ice cream swirled […]
- Mayor Lori Lightfoot ‘Ends’ Aldermanic Veto Power On First Day In Office May 21, 2019Get more in-depth, daily coverage of Chicago politics at The Daily Line. CITY HALL — Mayor Lori Lightfoot took office Monday and immediately struck at the heart of aldermen’s ability to veto — or green light — licenses and permits in their wards in an effort to fulfill her promise to root out corruption at […]
- Baby Eastern Black Rhino Born At Lincoln Park Zoo May 20, 2019CHICAGO — An eastern black rhino calf was born Sunday evening to mom Kapuki at Lincoln Park Zoo after 15 months of pregnancy, according to the zoo. The calf is currently unnamed and its sex hasn’t been determined. Zoo staffers are monitoring the animals from remote cameras, according to the zoo. Until further notice, the animals […]
JOIN LINCOLN CENTRAL
Not a member of Lincoln Central? Why not join today?
Saturday, June 1 | 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM | Lincoln Central Park (Lincoln & Dickens Ave.)
Nothing says magic like a Lincoln Central event and the magic will be back at our popular, family-friendly spring event, Spring Zing, which returns for its 6th year on Saturday, June 1. The event will be held from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. at Lincoln Central Park (corner of Lincoln & Dickens) and along the stretch of Dickens between Lincoln & Larrabee.
At Spring Zing, you'll have the opportunity to meet your elected officials, watch quality professional entertainment, enjoy tasty food, win great raffle prizes and see kids of all ages having fun. Best of all, you will be able to mingle with friends and neighbors and meet new people from the neighborhood. While the main focus at Spring Zing is family-friendly fun, one of LCA's most important priorities is helping keep the neighborhood safe. Since its inception, Spring Zing has featured bike and pedestrian safety lessons for children. Last year we added both a self-defense for children activity, and information on home safety and security.
If you've not been to a Lincoln Central event, it's time you experienced the magical way our events bring the neighborhood together. So, mark your calendars now for Saturday, June 1.
J9 Wine Bar Hosts LCA Members
Lincoln Central Association member and sponsor J9 Wine Bar will host LCA members on Wednesday, May 15 from 6 - 8 p.m. at their 1961 N. Halsted Street location for a free wine tasting reception. Guests can expect wine pairings with hors d'oeuvres and tasting tips. Look for an RSVP email soon!
Fire Station Park Wins 2nd Excellence in Gardening
The Fire Station Park, a project of the Lincoln Central Association, has won a 2018 Chicago Excellence in Gardening Award, a city-wide gardening competition created to acknowledge the many gardeners who help to make Chicago a beautiful, sustainable and welcoming place to live and work. Fire Station Park Also won in 2017
Sally Drucker, LCA Parks Chair and Board Member, and LCA Vice President Kathy Jordan received the award on behalf of Lincoln Central at the awards ceremony in the Chicago Cultural Center.
LCA President Kenneth Dotson said, "Congratulations to Sally, in particular, whose vision and leadership of the park has brought this wonderful achievement to LCA."
Receive LCA’s Award Winning Newsletter
Sign up to receive LCA's free award-winning newsletter.