Support Your Neighborhood. Support LCA
LCA’S NEW MEMBER VALUES PROGRAM LAUNCHES
Read about the values made exclusively available to LCA members in good standing.
BECOME A MEMBER OF LINCOLN CENTRAL
- Shoveling Snow Can Be Dangerous. Here’s How To Stay Safe During Chicago Winters January 18, 2019DOWNTOWN — Chicago’s heavy winter snowstorms pose a unique threat to citydwellers. Chicagoans have to shovel their sidewalks — and they face hefty fines if they fail to do so — but shoveling snow is notoriously rough on the heart and can lead to fatal heart attacks. In November, the National Weather warned that the batch of snow hitting […]
- Volunteers Needed To Shovel Elderly People’s Homes During Snowy Weekend, My Block, My Hood, My City Says January 18, 2019CHICAGO — My Block, My Hood, My City needs volunteers to help shovel the homes of those in need as the city prepares for weekend snowstorms. Up to 14 inches of snow could blanket the city during storms that start Friday night and Saturday night. To help those who would struggle to shovel the snow themselves, […]
- Aaron Carter Is Coming To Replay Lincoln Park For ‘Party Like It’s 1996’ Night January 17, 2019CHICAGO — Aaron Carter will be at Replay Lincoln Park for a ’90s night. Carter, once a teen heartthrob known for classic ’90s hits like “That’s How I Beat Shaq” and “I Want Candy,” will be a special guest at Replay’s “Party Like It’s 1996” night. Attendees are encouraged to dress in the hottest ’90s fashions […]
- After Roney Kicked Off Ballot, 43rd Ward Candidates To Battle At Debate Thursday January 17, 2019LINCOLN PARK — Two-term Ald. Michele Smith is expected to face off against a crowd of 43rd Ward challengers at a debate Thursday night in Lincoln Park. The debate Thursday kicks off at 7 p.m. at Lincoln Park High School, 2001 N. Orchard St. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. In a ward that quietly yields […]
- Sterling Bay Commits To Building School, Library Or ‘Shared Space’ As Part of Lincoln Yards January 17, 2019WEST LOOP — The developer behind the controversial Lincoln Yards project promises to build a “shared space” — such as a school or library — as part of the massive development planned along the North Branch of the Chicago River. Sterling Bay managing principal Andy Gloor made the commitment during the opening of a new West Loop […]
- Up To 14 Inches Of Snow, Below-Zero Temperatures Could Hit Chicago Starting At 3 P.M. Friday January 17, 2019DOWNTOWN — Two back-to-back storms could drop more than a foot of snow on Chicago this weekend, as it could start before the evening rush. A winter storm warning goes into effect 3 p.m. Friday, when the first storm is expected to hit, and will last until noon Saturday. The National Weather Service is predicting 5-9 […]
- PAWS Waives Adoption Fees For ‘Overlooked’ Dogs And Cats Who Need A Home. Here Are 7 Animals You Could Rescue January 17, 2019CHICAGO — PAWS Chicago is trying to find homes for some of its longest-staying cats and dogs. PAWS, the city’s largest no-kill animal shelter, is waiving adoption fees for some animals during its New Home, New Year event this weekend. The shelter hopes the move will help it find families for animals who have been at […]
- Old Town Shooting Wounds Man, 22, Hit Multiple Times, Police Say January 16, 2019CHICAGO — A 22-year-old man was shot multiple times Wednesday in Old Town, police said. At noon, the man was in the 1300 block of North Hudson Avenue when he was shot in his back several times, police said. The man was taken to Northwestern Hospital in good condition, police said. No one was in custody […]
- Can Chicago’s New Mayor Revive The CTA? Candidates Talk Uber Tax, Fare Hikes And How They’d Bring Back Bus Ridership January 16, 2019PILSEN — Toni Preckwinkle rides the bus from time to time — much to her security detail’s dismay. Susana Mendoza says she rides the bus and “L” for fun — along with her her train and bus-obsessed toddler. Amara Enyia lives off the Green Line, John Kozlar is a frequent rider and Willie Wilson sometimes […]
- Alinea, One Of The World’s Best Restaurants, Invites Clemson Football Team To Dinner After Trump Served Them Fast Food January 16, 2019CHICAGO — Alinea, considered to be one of the best restaurants in the world, is offering a meal to Clemson’s football team after they were served up fast food at the White House. Nick Kokonas, Alinea Group partner, tweeted late Tuesday that he’d invite the team to “an actual celebration dinner” at the Lincoln Park restaurant, […]
Fire Station Park Wins 2nd Excellence in Gardening
The Fire Station Park, a project of the Lincoln Central Association, has won a 2018 Chicago Excellence in Gardening Award, a city-wide gardening competition created to acknowledge the many gardeners who help to make Chicago a beautiful, sustainable and welcoming place to live and work. Fire Station Park Also won in 2017
Sally Drucker, LCA Parks Chair and Board Member, and LCA Vice President Kathy Jordan received the award on behalf of Lincoln Central at the awards ceremony in the Chicago Cultural Center.
LCA President Kenneth Dotson said, "Congratulations to Sally, in particular, whose vision and leadership of the park has brought this wonderful achievement to LCA."
LCA Receives Grand Award in 29th Annual APEX Awards
Newsletter & Website Each Receive Awards for Publication Excellence
LCA was honored earlier this month with a Grand Award and two Excellence Awards in the 2017 APEX Awards for Publication Excellence. LCA was the only volunteer non-profit to be honored in the international communications competition, now in its 29th year.
Other organizations whose creative was honored include Ford Motor Company, American Cancer Society, Bank of America, GEICO, International Monetary Fund, Merrill Lynch, American Bar Association, Lockheed Martin, Augusta National Golf Club, Pacific Life, Disney, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Prudential Insurance, NASA, the National Football League, among others.
APEX Awards, cont’d
.......the "superb visuals" of the logos and their "clever headlines and slogans." APEX Grand Awards, the highest given in this competition, honor the most outstanding work in eleven main categories.
For the second consecutive year, LCA's newsletter, From the Heart, received an APEX Award for Publication Excellence. Judges cited a September 2016 sidebar article authored by Kathy Jordan on the late Conrad Moulton, father of local artist Josh Moulton, as an example of the newsletter's quality content. The senior Moulton was a famed, New York-based illustrator of print advertising, text books, and encyclopedias for four decades. APEX Excellence Awards are based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content and the ability to achieve overall communications effectiveness.
LCA's website also received an APEX Award for Publication Excellence, in the 1 to 2 Person Published Website category.
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jan 24, 2019 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Feb 12, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Feb 28, 2019 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Mar 12, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Apr 9, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, May 14, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jun 11, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jul 9, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Aug 13, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Sep 10, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Oct 8, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Nov 12, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Dec 10, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jan 14, 2020 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Feb 11, 2020 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
LCA NEWSLETTER WINS ANOTHER AWARD
JOIN LINCOLN CENTRAL
Not a member of Lincoln Central? Why not join today?
43rd WARD ALDERMANIC FORUM TO BE HELD THURSDAY, JANUARY 17th
Thursday Evening, January 17th | 7:00 PM (Doors Open to Public at 6:30 PM)
Receive LCA’s Award Winning Newsletter
Sign up to receive LCA's free award-winning newsletter.
2 weeks ago
Don't miss the Thursday, January 17, 2019 43rd Ward aldermanic debate hosted by Lincoln Central, Wrightwood Neighbors and Park West associations.
The debate will be held in the Lincoln Park High School auditorium beginning at 7:00 PM (Doors open at 6:30 PM).
43rd Ward residents may suggestion questions/topics by emailing email@example.com. ... See MoreSee Less