LCA’S NEW MEMBER VALUES PROGRAM LAUNCHES
Read about the values made exclusively available to LCA members in good standing.
BECOME A MEMBER OF LINCOLN CENTRAL
- BrewLights Is Back On Dec. 6, Here Are The Breweries And Where To Get Tickets November 16, 2018LINCOLN PARK — BrewLights — Lincoln Park Zoo’s wildly popular combination of ZooLights and beer — is back again this year. On Dec. 6., ZooLights will turn into BrewLights from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. That means there will be a new slate of beer varieties for people to drink while they wander around Lincoln Park Zoo and admire all of the 2.5 million colorful lights. […]
- Historic Old Town Building Would Look ‘Horrible’ With Accessible Garage For Teen In Wheelchair, Neighbors Say November 15, 2018OLD TOWN — One family’s push to add a garage to their historic home — a garage they say they need for their daughter who uses a wheelchair — is being opposed by a group that aims to preserve Old Town’s historic charm. Homeowners Bill Deakin and Lisa Diehlmann own a house in the 1800 […]
- Storm Drops Inch Of Snow On Chicago, But More Could Come This Weekend November 15, 2018NORTH CENTER — A Thursday morning snowstorm dropped more than an inch on parts of the city. The storm was largely over as of 10:30 a.m., with the worst of it hitting the South Side, said Ricky Castro, a National Weather Service meteorologist. Midway Airport reported 1.1 inches of snow, and Castro said most areas probably […]
- The Hideout Could Get Landmark Status, But Supporters Still Want Lincoln Yards Plan To Slow Down November 15, 2018LINCOLN PARK — Dozens of supporters of The Hideout, a small but influential bar and music venue located near the site of the massive Lincoln Yards project, showed up to a public meeting Wednesday night to urge Ald. Brian Hopkins (2nd) to delay any movement on the development until after the February municipal election. The Hideout’s […]
- Love The Hideout? Then ‘Please’ Show Up To Lincoln Yards Meeting, Owners Tell Supporters November 14, 2018CHICAGO — If the proposed Lincoln Yards development turns out to be anywhere near as massive as planned, The Hideout, a bar and venue beloved by musicians and progressive politicos, could be in danger. And while owners of the bar have been defiant about plans to stay put in the shadows of a possible soccer stadium, […]
- Free Lincoln Park ‘ZooLights’ Begins Nov. 23 With 2.5 Million Lights November 13, 2018LINCOLN PARK — Lincoln Park Zoo will flip the switch on 2.5 million lights around the zoo beginning on Nov. 23. The 24th annual “ZooLights” is a hit each year, offering people a chance to stroll around the animals, drink warm spiced wine and cold beer, watch ice sculpting and more. The lights are on […]
- Chicago Is Colder Than Alaska Today (And Yes, This November Has Been Brutal So Far) November 13, 2018NORTH CENTER — Chicago’s getting hit with its eighth day in a row of unusually chilly weather. The city got as cold as 19 degrees at O’Hare Airport on Tuesday morning, and temperatures were only expected to hit the mid- to upper 20s during the day, said Ben Deubelbeiss, a National Weather Service meteorologist. That’s significantly […]
- Can King Drive Sparkle Like The Mag Mile This Holiday Season? Volunteers To Light Up South Side Stretch November 13, 2018WASHINGTON PARK — A group of volunteers are trying to make King Drive as bright as the Mag Mile for the holidays. My Block, My Hood, My City — which takes kids from the South and West sides to explore the city and supports local block clubs — is collecting holiday lights to decorate the South […]
- 3 Masked Men Rob A Trio Of 7-Elevens In Bucktown And Lincoln Park Within An Hour November 12, 2018BUCKTOWN — Three 7-Eleven stores in Bucktown, Lincoln Park and the DePaul campus area were robbed within the same hour early Sunday by a group of three men, according to police and a 7-Eleven franchisee. The robberies took place at: • 5:20 a.m. Sunday in the 2600 block of North Clark Street • 5:28 […]
- Rally To Save Old Town School Of Folk’s Armitage Avenue Building Planned For Saturday November 9, 2018LINCOLN PARK — Students unhappy with the Old Town School of Folk Music’s decision to sell its Lincoln Park building are planning a rally Saturday afternoon in front of the school. Students plan to gather at 3 p.m. at the school’s 909 W. Armitage Ave. building. It’s happening two days after students delivered to the […]
Fire Station Park Wins Excellence in Gardening
LCA President Kenneth Dotson said, "Congratulations to Sally, in particular, whose vision and leadership of the park has brought this wonderful achievement to LCA."
LCA Receives Grand Award in 29th Annual APEX Awards
Newsletter & Website Each Receive Awards for Publication Excellence
LCA was honored earlier this month with a Grand Award and two Excellence Awards in the 2017 APEX Awards for Publication Excellence. LCA was the only volunteer non-profit to be honored in the international communications competition, now in its 29th year.
Other organizations whose creative was honored include Ford Motor Company, American Cancer Society, Bank of America, GEICO, International Monetary Fund, Merrill Lynch, American Bar Association, Lockheed Martin, Augusta National Golf Club, Pacific Life, Disney, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Prudential Insurance, NASA, the National Football League, among others.
LCA MEMBER WINS TOP 10 AWARD
Natural Elements Salon, owned and operated by LCA member Edda Coscioni, is the "Best Place to Get Fit and Refreshed," according to online voting in the Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce Top 10 Awards. The awards ceremony, hosted by WGN-AM's Patti Vasquez, was held at the Steppenwolf Theatre on October 24. Other winners Molly's Cupcakes for "Best Place for Coffee & Sweets"; Nookies for "Best Place to Brunch"; Dirk's Fish and Gourmet Shop for "Best Place to Shop"; the J. Parker for "Best Place to Drink"; Westend Dental for "Best Neighborhood Service Provider"; Lincoln Park Zoo for "Best Place for Arts and Culture"; and Summer House Santa Monica for "Best Place to Dine." Read more about the awards.
OLD TOWN ART FAIR NAMED COUNTRY’S BEST
APEX Awards, cont’d
.......the "superb visuals" of the logos and their "clever headlines and slogans." APEX Grand Awards, the highest given in this competition, honor the most outstanding work in eleven main categories.
For the second consecutive year, LCA's newsletter, From the Heart, received an APEX Award for Publication Excellence. Judges cited a September 2016 sidebar article authored by Kathy Jordan on the late Conrad Moulton, father of local artist Josh Moulton, as an example of the newsletter's quality content. The senior Moulton was a famed, New York-based illustrator of print advertising, text books, and encyclopedias for four decades. APEX Excellence Awards are based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content and the ability to achieve overall communications effectiveness.
LCA's website also received an APEX Award for Publication Excellence, in the 1 to 2 Person Published Website category.
LCA PRESIDENT RECEIVES 2016 NEIGHBORHOOD CHAMPION AWARD
The Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce initiated their "Neighborhood Champion" awards this year to be given annually to one business and one resident in Lincoln Park for the positive impact they have made in the community. The inaugural business award recipient was Green City Market and the inaugural resident award recipient was LCA President Kenneth Dotson. Read more.
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Nov 22, 2018 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Dec 11, 2018 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Dec 27, 2018 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jan 8, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jan 24, 2019 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Feb 12, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Feb 28, 2019 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Mar 12, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Apr 9, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, May 14, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jun 11, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jul 9, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Aug 13, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Sep 10, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Oct 8, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
LCA NEWSLETTER WINS ANOTHER AWARD
A CELEBRATING HEART
LCA has served as the fiscal agent for Bauler Park for many years, but President Kenneth Dotson credited 43rd Ward Alderman Michele Smith, the Bauler Park Advisory Council, headed by Leslie Miller, and the Chicago Park District for the successful outcome. "LCA has long assisted Bauler Park," said Dotson, "but projects like this don't get done, especially not ahead of schedule, without a group of dedicated parents and neighbors, the full support of the Alderman and resources and execution from the Chicago Park District. The Bauler playlot renovation was no exception." The renovation was part of Mayor Rahm Emanuel's "Chicago Plays" initiative, which is providing updated equipment for playgrounds in the city.
JOIN LINCOLN CENTRAL
Not a member of Lincoln Central? Why not join today?
Don’t Miss the 11th Annual Howler at Bauler
Saturday, October 27th | 3:00 - 5:00 PM | Bauler Park
LCA & OZ PARK ADVISORY TO HOST SECOND ANNUAL HOLIDAY TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY IN OZ PARK
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1st, | 5:00 PM
Receive LCA’s Award Winning Newsletter
Sign up to receive LCA's free award-winning newsletter.
Lincoln Central Association added 2 new photos.
2 weeks ago
Lincoln Central Association added 4 new photos.
2 weeks ago
Photo's of LCA's recently completed restoration of Ogden Mall Parkway to the west of the Park. This was a project of LCA's Parks Committee. Old Town Triangle Association generously provided the vintage bricks used for this restoration. ... See MoreSee Less