Support Your Neighborhood. Support LCA
LCA’S NEW MEMBER VALUES PROGRAM LAUNCHES
Read about the values made exclusively available to LCA members in good standing.
BECOME A MEMBER OF LINCOLN CENTRAL
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Jun 23, 2019 – 5th Annual Summer Sipper
- 3:45 pm – 4:45 pm, Jun 27, 2019 – Fifth Star Band in Bauler Park
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Jun 27, 2019 – A Night to Remember
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm, Jul 9, 2019 – Family Night at Bauler Park
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jul 9, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 3:45 pm – 4:45 pm, Aug 10, 2019 – Radium Swing Band in Bauler Park
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm, Aug 13, 2019 – Family Night at Bauler Park
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Aug 13, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Sep 10, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Sep 12, 2019 – 6th Annual Evening in the Garden
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Oct 8, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Oct 26, 2019 – 12th Annual Howler at Bauler
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Nov 12, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Dec 10, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jan 14, 2020 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- ‘Was Summer Canceled This Year?’ Below-Average Temps In June About To Warm Up, But A Rainy Week Is Ahead June 17, 2019DOWNTOWN — It’s been dreary. It’s been foggy. It’s been cold, rainy and gray. And Chicago has had enough. Except … maybe it hasn’t been that bad. Scores of people have been complaining about this wet, depressing June, but it’s actually been less rainy and only a bit colder than is typical. So far, the […]
- Lincoln Park Groping Victims Report 5 Attacks Within Weeks: ‘I Just Want This Guy To Not Be Able To Do This Anymore’ June 12, 2019CHICAGO — At least five women have been groped recently in Lincoln Park, and one victim is warning her neighbors to be on the lookout. Pauline Gebczak said she was groped in late April, the attack leaving her shocked and shaken up. She’s concerned the same man is behind four similar attacks in the neighborhood. […]
- Juneteenth May Not Be A National Holiday Yet, But Chicago Will Be Celebrating June 11, 2019CHICAGO — One would think that Juneteenth, the longstanding holiday celebrating the emancipation of enslaved people living in the United States, would be a nationally recognized holiday by now. It isn’t, but not for lack of trying. This Juneteenth marks 154 years since the abolition of slavery in the United States. While 45 states (including […]
- Man Crashes Car Over Embankment On Lake Shore Drive, Slams Into Tree June 10, 2019CHICAGO — A car veered off Lake Shore Drive Monday morning, went down an embankment and slammed into a tree before it could plunge into Lake Michigan. Police said the driver was hospitalized in critical condition in the 8 a.m. crash on northbound Lake Shore Drive near Diversey. He stopped near a part of the […]
- Why Do People Wear Orange To Promote Gun Control? It All Started With Hadiya Pendleton June 7, 2019CHICAGO — People throughout the country are wearing orange this weekend to raise awareness of gun violence. The orange shirts signify the wearer is “fight[ing] for a future free from gun violence,” and they’re meant to be worn throughout the weekend starting Friday, according to WearOrange, the organizers behind the movement. The WearOrange movement started […]
JOIN LINCOLN CENTRAL
Not a member of Lincoln Central? Why not join today?
Sunday, June 23 | 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM | Fire Station Park (Armitage & Larrabee)
You are invited to join us on Sunday, June 23rd for the 5th Annual Summer Sipper, a neighborhood reception-style event hosted each year by Lincoln Central Association with the assistance of neighborhood businesses who help support our initiatives.
The event will once again be held in LCA's award-winning Fire Station Park, recipient of Chicago Excellence in Gardening Awards in both 2017 and 2018, from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
Check out last year's event here:
Additionally, the Summer Sipper will feature prominent Chicago magician, the amazing Benjamin Barnes. Benjamin will stroll through the event performing close-up magic and unbelievable illusions.
The first Summer Sipper held in 2015 featured a potluck table with neighbors bringing dishes and/or beverages prepared with or inspired by items grown in the gardens at Fire Station Park. Although neighborhood food and beverage establishments now participate in the event, the potluck remains one of the most popular aspects of Summer Sipper.
J9 Wine Bar Hosts LCA Members
Lincoln Central Association member and sponsor J9 Wine Bar will host LCA members on Wednesday, May 15 from 6 - 8 p.m. at their 1961 N. Halsted Street location for a free wine tasting reception. Guests can expect wine pairings with hors d'oeuvres and tasting tips. Look for an RSVP email soon!
Fire Station Park Wins 2nd Excellence in Gardening
The Fire Station Park, a project of the Lincoln Central Association, has won a 2018 Chicago Excellence in Gardening Award, a city-wide gardening competition created to acknowledge the many gardeners who help to make Chicago a beautiful, sustainable and welcoming place to live and work. Fire Station Park Also won in 2017
Sally Drucker, LCA Parks Chair and Board Member, and LCA Vice President Kathy Jordan received the award on behalf of Lincoln Central at the awards ceremony in the Chicago Cultural Center.
LCA President Kenneth Dotson said, "Congratulations to Sally, in particular, whose vision and leadership of the park has brought this wonderful achievement to LCA."
Receive LCA’s Award Winning Newsletter
Sign up to receive LCA's free award-winning newsletter.
Lincoln Central Association added 56 new photos — at Lincoln Central Park.
2 weeks ago
... See MoreSee Less
2 weeks ago
Lincoln Central Association shared a post.
2 weeks ago
Time to vote! Vote for your favorite local spots in the Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce's Best of Lincoln Park Awards! The following LCA members are finalists in the categories below:
LCA member and sponsor J9 Wine Bar — Best Place to Drink
LCA member and sponsor Lakeshore Sport & Fitness — Best Place to Get Fit
LCA member Victory Gardens Theater— Best Place for Arts, Culture & Entertainment
Show some love to the businesses who support LCA.
Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce
ANNOUNCING OUR FINALISTS: We’re thrilled to announce the finalists for the 2019 Best of Lincoln Park Awards. Vote for your favorite finalists through Sunday, June 16 -> http://bit.ly/2vYjXhi ... See MoreSee Less