Support Your Neighborhood. Support LCA
LCA’S NEW MEMBER VALUES PROGRAM LAUNCHES
Read about the values made exclusively available to LCA members in good standing.
BECOME A MEMBER OF LINCOLN CENTRAL
- 3:45 pm – 4:45 pm, Jun 27, 2019 – Fifth Star Band in Bauler Park
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Jun 27, 2019 – A Night to Remember
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm, Jul 9, 2019 – Family Night at Bauler Park
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jul 9, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 3:45 pm – 4:45 pm, Aug 10, 2019 – Radium Swing Band in Bauler Park
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm, Aug 13, 2019 – Family Night at Bauler Park
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Aug 13, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Sep 10, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Sep 12, 2019 – 6th Annual Evening in the Garden
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Oct 8, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Oct 26, 2019 – 12th Annual Howler at Bauler
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Nov 12, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Dec 10, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jan 14, 2020 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Feb 11, 2020 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- Free, Fast HIV Tests Will Be Available Thursday For National AIDS Testing Day June 24, 2019CHICAGO — Free HIV tests will be available at spots around the city in honor of National AIDS Testing Day. Those interested in getting a test during the event Thursday won’t need to make an appointment and will get the results on-site, according to a Walgreens news release. The tests will be administered at more […]
- Aldermen, Activists Warning Immigrant Neighbors Of Reported ICE Deportation Sweep Starting Soon In Chicago June 21, 2019Editor’s note: This story was updated on Sunday, June 23. CHICAGO — Elected officials and immigrant rights’ advocates across the city are warning residents as U.S. Immigration and Custom Enforcement agents are reportedly set to target thousands of migrant families nationwide — including in Chicago. Instead of waiting to find out whether the sweeps take […]
- Monarch Butterflies Are Disappearing From Chicago — But The Field Museum Has An Idea For How We Can Save Them June 21, 2019DOWNTOWN — Monarch butterflies are dying off in Chicago, but the Field Museum knows how Chicagoans can bring them back. New studies from Field Museum researchers show people living in cities can play a big role in helping out the orange and black butterflies by simply planting milkweed, a flower that Monarchs lay their eggs […]
- SpongeBob-Themed Popup Bar With Cocktails, Jellyfish Hunting And More Coming To Replay Lincoln Park June 20, 2019CHICAGO — It’s not quite a pineapple under the sea, but Replay Lincoln Park is bringing SpongeBob SquarePants to Chicago. The arcade bar at 2833 N. Sheffield Ave. will transform into SpongeBob’s hometown, Bikini Bottom, with specialty cocktails, decorations and more as part of a popup that opens Friday. Specifically, Replay will become The Salty […]
- Want To Break a World Record? Head To A Chicago Park District Pool Thursday June 19, 2019CHICAGO — You can head to any of 76 Park District pools on Thursday if you want a shot at breaking a Guinness World Record. The Park District is joining in on a worldwide effort to break the record for the World’s Largest Swim Lesson. To do that, it needs Chicagoans from all over to […]
JOIN LINCOLN CENTRAL
Not a member of Lincoln Central? Why not join today?
Sunday, June 23 | 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM | Fire Station Park (Armitage & Larrabee)
You are invited to join us on Sunday, June 23rd for the 5th Annual Summer Sipper, a neighborhood reception-style event hosted each year by Lincoln Central Association with the assistance of neighborhood businesses who help support our initiatives.
The event will once again be held in LCA's award-winning Fire Station Park, recipient of Chicago Excellence in Gardening Awards in both 2017 and 2018, from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
Check out last year's event here:
Additionally, the Summer Sipper will feature prominent Chicago magician, the amazing Benjamin Barnes. Benjamin will stroll through the event performing close-up magic and unbelievable illusions.
The first Summer Sipper held in 2015 featured a potluck table with neighbors bringing dishes and/or beverages prepared with or inspired by items grown in the gardens at Fire Station Park. Although neighborhood food and beverage establishments now participate in the event, the potluck remains one of the most popular aspects of Summer Sipper.
J9 Wine Bar Hosts LCA Members
Lincoln Central Association member and sponsor J9 Wine Bar will host LCA members on Wednesday, May 15 from 6 - 8 p.m. at their 1961 N. Halsted Street location for a free wine tasting reception. Guests can expect wine pairings with hors d'oeuvres and tasting tips. Look for an RSVP email soon!
Fire Station Park Wins 2nd Excellence in Gardening
The Fire Station Park, a project of the Lincoln Central Association, has won a 2018 Chicago Excellence in Gardening Award, a city-wide gardening competition created to acknowledge the many gardeners who help to make Chicago a beautiful, sustainable and welcoming place to live and work. Fire Station Park Also won in 2017
Sally Drucker, LCA Parks Chair and Board Member, and LCA Vice President Kathy Jordan received the award on behalf of Lincoln Central at the awards ceremony in the Chicago Cultural Center.
LCA President Kenneth Dotson said, "Congratulations to Sally, in particular, whose vision and leadership of the park has brought this wonderful achievement to LCA."
Receive LCA’s Award Winning Newsletter
Sign up to receive LCA's free award-winning newsletter.
Lincoln Central Association added 56 new photos — at Lincoln Central Park.
3 weeks ago
... See MoreSee Less