Support Your Neighborhood. Support LCA
LCA’S NEW MEMBER VALUES PROGRAM LAUNCHES
Read about the values made exclusively available to LCA members in good standing.
BECOME A MEMBER OF LINCOLN CENTRAL
- Old Town Shooting Wounds Man, 22, Hit Multiple Times, Police Say January 16, 2019CHICAGO — A 22-year-old man was shot multiple times Wednesday in Old Town, police said. At noon, the man was in the 1300 block of North Hudson Avenue when he was shot in his back several times, police said. The man was taken to Northwestern Hospital in good condition, police said. No one was in custody […]
- Can Chicago’s New Mayor Revive The CTA? Candidates Talk Uber Tax, Fare Hikes And How They’d Bring Back Bus Ridership January 16, 2019PILSEN — Toni Preckwinkle rides the bus from time to time — much to her security detail’s dismay. Susana Mendoza says she rides the bus and “L” for fun — along with her her train and bus-obsessed toddler. Amara Enyia lives off the Green Line, John Kozlar is a frequent rider and Willie Wilson sometimes […]
- Alinea, One Of The World’s Best Restaurants, Invites Clemson Football Team To Dinner After Trump Served Them Fast Food January 16, 2019CHICAGO — Alinea, considered to be one of the best restaurants in the world, is offering a meal to Clemson’s football team after they were served up fast food at the White House. Nick Kokonas, Alinea Group partner, tweeted late Tuesday that he’d invite the team to “an actual celebration dinner” at the Lincoln Park restaurant, […]
- Kizuki Ramen Giving Away 100 Free Bowls Of Ramen During Opening Of Lincoln Park Location January 16, 2019CHICAGO — Kizuki Ramen is giving away 100 bowls of ramen to celebrate the opening of its second location. Free bowls of Tokyo shoyu ramen will be available on a first-come, first-served basis when Kizuki Ramen and Izakaya opens its new restaurant Jan. 25 in the NewCity mall, 1457 N. Halsted St. in Lincoln Park, according […]
- Below-Zero, Snowy Weather Possible This Weekend In Chicago January 15, 2019DOWNTOWN — Winter has finally arrived in Chicago — and with it, below-zero temperatures. Temperatures in the city are expected to top out at 33 degrees every day through Friday, said Ben Deubelbeiss, a National Weather Service meteorologist. Low temperatures will hit the 20s. The weekend will be even colder with single-digit or below-zero temperatures possible Saturday […]
- Do You Live In One Of Chicago’s Most Annoying Neighborhoods? 311 Call Map Shows The Loudest And Poopiest Areas January 15, 2019DOWNTOWN — Old Town is full of trash and the Gold Coast is loud as heck. Hermosa’s got it the worst, though: It’s covered in dog poop. That’s according to a new map from Digital Third Coast, which looked at which of Chicago’s 30 most densely populated neighborhoods reported the most 311 complaints for noise, garbage […]
- Shelter Shiver Challenges Animal Lovers To Jump Into Lake Michigan To Help ALIVE Rescue January 15, 2019CHICAGO — Animal lovers will brave icy Lake Michigan to help dogs and kittens in need this January. The annual fundraiser, called Shelter Shiver, is held to raise money for ALIVE Rescue. Attendees jump (or dip their toes) into Lake Michigan and collect donations for ALIVE. This year, organizers hope the Shelter Shiver can raise $100,000 […]
- Don’t Slip! Freezing Drizzle To Hit Monday Night, Making For Icy Roads And Sidewalks January 14, 2019DOWNTOWN — Get your salt out, Chicago: Tonight’s gonna be an icy one. Freezing drizzle, which is about as fun as it sounds, is expected to hit the city Monday night and last through Tuesday morning, according to a National Weather Service advisory. The drizzle could make for slick roads and sidewalks. “We might see a […]
- Winter Blues Kicking In? These 5 Free Or Cheap City Spots Will Help You Get Through The Dreariest Chicago Days January 14, 2019CHICAGO — The Christmas lights have come down, and though the days are getting longer, it doesn’t feel that way when it’s dark on your commute to and from work. Though the city has had some sunny and unseasonably warm winter days, residents throughout Chicago are still struggling to cope with the colder temps and […]
- Lincoln Yards’ Post-Soccer Stadium Changes Revealed In New Drawings As TIF Vote Draws Near January 13, 2019CHICAGO — Days after the developers of the massive Lincoln Yards project had to scrap unpopular plans for a soccer stadium and music district, new sketches of the $5 billion proposal were unveiled. RELATED: Despite Cries Of ‘Shame’ And Unanswered Questions, TIF Districts For Lincoln Yards, The 78 Move Forward Developer Sterling Bay on Saturday posted […]
Fire Station Park Wins 2nd Excellence in Gardening
The Fire Station Park, a project of the Lincoln Central Association, has won a 2018 Chicago Excellence in Gardening Award, a city-wide gardening competition created to acknowledge the many gardeners who help to make Chicago a beautiful, sustainable and welcoming place to live and work. Fire Station Park Also won in 2017
Sally Drucker, LCA Parks Chair and Board Member, and LCA Vice President Kathy Jordan received the award on behalf of Lincoln Central at the awards ceremony in the Chicago Cultural Center.
LCA President Kenneth Dotson said, "Congratulations to Sally, in particular, whose vision and leadership of the park has brought this wonderful achievement to LCA."
LCA Receives Grand Award in 29th Annual APEX Awards
Newsletter & Website Each Receive Awards for Publication Excellence
LCA was honored earlier this month with a Grand Award and two Excellence Awards in the 2017 APEX Awards for Publication Excellence. LCA was the only volunteer non-profit to be honored in the international communications competition, now in its 29th year.
Other organizations whose creative was honored include Ford Motor Company, American Cancer Society, Bank of America, GEICO, International Monetary Fund, Merrill Lynch, American Bar Association, Lockheed Martin, Augusta National Golf Club, Pacific Life, Disney, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Prudential Insurance, NASA, the National Football League, among others.
APEX Awards, cont’d
.......the "superb visuals" of the logos and their "clever headlines and slogans." APEX Grand Awards, the highest given in this competition, honor the most outstanding work in eleven main categories.
For the second consecutive year, LCA's newsletter, From the Heart, received an APEX Award for Publication Excellence. Judges cited a September 2016 sidebar article authored by Kathy Jordan on the late Conrad Moulton, father of local artist Josh Moulton, as an example of the newsletter's quality content. The senior Moulton was a famed, New York-based illustrator of print advertising, text books, and encyclopedias for four decades. APEX Excellence Awards are based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content and the ability to achieve overall communications effectiveness.
LCA's website also received an APEX Award for Publication Excellence, in the 1 to 2 Person Published Website category.
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jan 24, 2019 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Feb 12, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Feb 28, 2019 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Mar 12, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Apr 9, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, May 14, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jun 11, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jul 9, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Aug 13, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Sep 10, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Oct 8, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Nov 12, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Dec 10, 2019 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jan 14, 2020 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Feb 11, 2020 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
LCA NEWSLETTER WINS ANOTHER AWARD
JOIN LINCOLN CENTRAL
Not a member of Lincoln Central? Why not join today?
43rd WARD ALDERMANIC FORUM TO BE HELD THURSDAY, JANUARY 17th
Thursday Evening, January 17th | 7:00 PM (Doors Open to Public at 6:30 PM)
Receive LCA’s Award Winning Newsletter
Sign up to receive LCA's free award-winning newsletter.
2 weeks ago
Don't miss the Thursday, January 17, 2019 43rd Ward aldermanic debate hosted by Lincoln Central, Wrightwood Neighbors and Park West associations.
The debate will be held in the Lincoln Park High School auditorium beginning at 7:00 PM (Doors open at 6:30 PM).
43rd Ward residents may suggestion questions/topics by emailing email@example.com. ... See MoreSee Less