RIBBON CUTTING & DEDICATION OF BAULER PLAYLOT
Saturday, October 29 at 2:30 PM
- Date, Oct 8, 2016 – Scarecrows on Parade October 8-31st
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Oct 29, 2016 – 30th Annual Spooky Zoo Spectacular
- 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm, Oct 29, 2016 – Bauler Park Playlot Ribbon Cutting & Dedication
- 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm, Oct 29, 2016 – 9th Annual Howler at Bauler
- 11:00 am – 2:00 pm, Oct 30, 2016 – Tricks & Treats on Armitage Street
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, Oct 30, 2016 – Spooktacular
- 6:30 pm, Nov 3, 2016 – Neighborhood Association Night - Lincoln Park High School
- 6:00 am – 7:00 pm, Nov 8, 2016 – Election Day
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Nov 8, 2016 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am, Nov 10, 2016 – Lincoln Avenue Special Services Area Commissioners Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Nov 24, 2016 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm, Dec 1, 2016 – Brewlights at Lincoln Park Zoo
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Dec 13, 2016 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Dec 22, 2016 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jan 10, 2017 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
LINCOLN PARK NEWS
- 500 New Officers To Be Part Of Renewed Community Policing Push: Top Cop October 27, 2016The new officers will be charged with rolling back a wave of violence that has swept the city.
- Immigrant Experience To Inspire CTA Art By Bridgeport Man October 27, 2016Artist Mathew Wilson said ultimately "everyone's from somewhere else."
- Halloween Expected To Be 70 Degrees! No Jackets Needed Over Costumes October 27, 2016Halloween will be sunny and close to 70 degrees, if not warmer.
- How Often Does The CTA Clean 'L' Cars And Buses? October 27, 2016The CTA has several ways to keep its trains and buses free of "instances of uncleanliness."
- City Says It's Ready For Ferocious Chicago Winter, With 50% More Snow October 27, 2016After a mild winter last year, the city is in for a "very cold, snowy winter," city officials warned.
- In 1945, The Cubs Weren't The Only Pennant-Winning Ballclub Wrigley Owned October 27, 2016The year later inspired the baseball classic, "A League of Their Own."
A CELEBRATING HEART
JOIN LINCOLN CENTRAL
Not a member of Lincoln Central? Why not join today?
THE 9TH ANNUAL HOWLER AT BAULER
Saturday, October 29th, 3:00 - 5:00 PM
Get ready for another magical afternoon in the Heart when LCA hosts its 9th annual Howler at Bauler, a festival of family fun scheduled for 3 pm to 5 pm, October 29 at Bauler Park.
This year's Howler will again have the traditional features--face painting and balloon art, a raffle and games, music and dancing, plus a visit from Engine 22 of the Chicago Fire Department. And, lets not forget, candy, candy, candy!!
The annual Costume Parade, once again led by Wizard Gary Sinclair and always one of the event highlights, will showcase the amazing array of stylish-and spooky-costumes on kids of all ages.
Featured attraction Danny Orleans, America's premier family magician, is returning for his second year at Howler. Danny will again wow kids and adults alike with his amazing sleight of hand and delight with his charm and humor.
Generous Platinum level sponsors are BGD&C Luxury Custom Home Builders; Bridgeview Bank Group; Geja's Cafe; and Thomas Ward Insurance. Generous Gold Level sponsors include The Harris Realty Group; Carnival Grocery and AlphaGraphics.
See more photos from 2015's Howler at Bauler
While Danny Orleans is providing the tricks, our friends from Geja's Cafe , named the most romantic restaurant in America byUSA Today in 2015, will be serving their delicious cheese fondue and chocolate fondue creations to our attendees on a complimentary basis.
Geja's celebrated their 51st Anniversary this year and recently opened an outdoor fire pit and added new dining room chairs and bar stools. Geja's, a finalist in the Lincoln Park Top 10 Awards for best restaurant, now also has their cheese and chocolate fondues along with their gourmet meat & cheese boards "To Go" for either pick up or delivery.
When you think about places in the neighborhood to dine or order from, remember Geja's supports our neighborhood. Come out to Howler at Bauler and let our friends at Geja's know you appreciate their generosity. See and download their TO GO menu here.
A GREAT NIGHT IN THE HEART
The 3rd Annual Evening in the Garden
Designed as a get-together for LCA members and guests, An Evening in the Garden proved again to be an opportunity for community enjoyment. "This event was a real contribution to the community by LCA," said member Mary Quincannon. "It brought people together in a relaxed and comfortable environment that promoted neighborhood togetherness."
BECOME A MEMBER OF LINCOLN CENTRAL
Not a member of Lincoln Central Association? Why not join today using our secure online payment system? Memberships start as low as $20 per year.
LCA serves as an advocate for the neighborhood. We champion green space, historic preservation, thoughtful new-home construction and public safety. LCA works closely with the Alderman’s office and other elected officials, local police and fire departments, schools and neighboring associations on a variety of initiatives for the betterment of our neighborhood. Each month, we publish a free, award winning newsletter, From the Heart, focusing on our neighborhood. Learn more about why you should become a member of Lincoln Central Association.
Here are several photos taken at Lincoln Central Association's 2015 Howler at Bauler.