LCA's free monthly newsletter, From the Heart, received a 2016 APEX Award for Publication Excellence in June of this year. The APEX AWARDS for Publication Excellence is an annual competition for corporate and nonprofit publishers, editors, writers and designers who create print, Web, electronic and social media. The 2016 competition was the 28th annual competition. APEX Awards are based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content and the ability to achieve overall communications excellence.
LCA HOLDS 3rd ANNUAL SPRING ZING
Fun was the name of the game at LCA's third annual Spring Zing, made possible by our generous sponsors.
Children, adults and in-betweens came to enjoy activities for all ages. Some enjoyed the magic of Sean Masterson, while others enjoyed the magical creations from A Real Mad Hatter, the noted balloon artist, and special guest Queen Elsa from Frozen. Still others learned bicycle and safety education provided by Lurie Children's Community Volunteer Corps, made possible by Kohl's Cares, the philanthropic arm of Kohl's Department Stores.
Those with a taste for pastries enjoyed food from local restaurants, while many took part in the raffle and silent auction featuring amazing prizes from such donors as Josh Moulton Fine Art and Natural Elements Salon. Bicycle enthusiasts could get a tune-up from Performance Bike. Young and old alike flocked to the Fire Engine 22. The fireman gave tours of the truck and offered inside information on a firefighter's life.
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Sep 13, 2016 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Sep 22, 2016 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Oct 11, 2016 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Oct 27, 2016 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Nov 8, 2016 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am, Nov 10, 2016 – Lincoln Avenue Special Services Area Commissioners Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Nov 24, 2016 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Dec 13, 2016 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
SUPPORT YOUR PARKS
Every year Lincoln Central Association raises funds from the community for the maintenance, beautification and upgrading of parks in our neighborhood. The specific parks LCA supports include Bauler Park, Fire Station Park and Lincoln Central Park. LCA'a ability to provide financial support has been due to generous donors who have contributed to our Park Maintenance Fund. LCA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization and your donations to our Parks Fund are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Additionally, you can direct your donations to be reserved for a specific park. LCA's Donor Bill of Rights outlines our obligation and commitment to our donors.
Due to the opportunity to upgrade Bauler Park beyond the equipment being provided by the Park District, your support of LCA's parks program will be more important than ever this year. Please support your parks!
JOIN LINCOLN CENTRAL
Not a member of Lincoln Central? Why not join today?
LCA ADOPTS NEW BYLAWS
In order to correct deficiencies and to ensure the efficient, modern practices of a non-profit corporation are codified into Lincoln Central Association's governing documents, the Board of Directors proposed earlier this year that LCA's membership vote to adopt new by-laws drafted by the Governance Committee of the Board.
All LCA members in good standing were eligible to vote and were invited to a Special Meeting held on Saturday, June 4 at 1:00PM. A vote of all members present was taken and the new bylaws were unanimously adopted. You can read the newly adopted bylaws here.
DON'T MISS AN EVENING IN THE GARDEN
Thursday Evening, September 15
LINCOLN PARK NEWS
- Buying Near The 'L'? Map Shows Real Estate Prices Around Each CTA Stop August 28, 2016Estately crunched sales data to find where the most and least expensive homes near stations are.
- The 25 Most Expensive Homes Sold in Chicago in 2016 (So Far) August 28, 2016All but one of the homes are in Lincoln Park and Downtown. The other is steps from The 606.
- Skunks Are Getting Closer To Downtown, Hidden Cameras Reveal August 28, 2016Lincoln Park Zoo researchers have captured many photos of skunks migrating into new city neighborhoods.
- Chicago Women Encouraged To Bare It All For GoTopless Day On Sunday August 27, 2016Topless women will meet at North Avenue beach, but there is a risk involved.
- Chicago Costume Shops Make Every Day Halloween August 26, 2016It's never too early to think about your Halloween costume.
- Chicago Police Lose 330 Detectives While Murders, Shootings Surge: Reports August 26, 2016The rate at which Chicago Police solve or close murder cases is below average, a report found.
BECOME A MEMBER OF LINCOLN CENTRAL
Not a member of Lincoln Central Association? Why not join today using our secure online payment system? Memberships start as low as $20 per year.
LCA serves as an advocate for the neighborhood. We champion green space, historic preservation, thoughtful new-home construction and public safety. LCA works closely with the Alderman’s office and other elected officials, local police and fire departments, schools and neighboring associations on a variety of initiatives for the betterment of our neighborhood. Each month, we publish a free, award winning newsletter, From the Heart, focusing on our neighborhood. Learn more about why you should become a member of Lincoln Central Association.
Introducing the new logos for LCA's "An Evening in the Garden" scheduled for Thursday evening September 15 at Fire Station Park, and "Howler at Bauler" scheduled for the afternoon of October 29 at Bauler Park. Mark your calendars now. We hope to see you there. Additional details to follow. ... See MoreSee Less