LCA's free monthly newsletter, From the Heart, received a 2016 APEX Award for Publication Excellence in June of this year. The APEX AWARDS for Publication Excellence is an annual competition for corporate and nonprofit publishers, editors, writers and designers who create print, Web, electronic and social media. The 2016 competition was the 28th annual competition. APEX Awards are based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content and the ability to achieve overall communications excellence.
- 8:00 am – 10:00 pm, Jul 24, 2016 – Target Grand Opening
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Jul 28, 2016 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm, Aug 6, 2016 – Taste of Lincoln Avenue
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Aug 9, 2016 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Aug 25, 2016 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Sep 13, 2016 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Sep 22, 2016 – LCA Monthly Board Meeting
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Oct 11, 2016 – LCA Monthly Zoning Meeting
SUPPORT YOUR PARKS
Every year Lincoln Central Association raises funds from the community for the maintenance, beautification and upgrading of parks in our neighborhood. The specific parks LCA supports include Bauler Park, Fire Station Park and Lincoln Central Park. LCA'a ability to provide financial support has been due to generous donors who have contributed to our Park Maintenance Fund. LCA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization and your donations to our Parks Fund are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Additionally, you can direct your donations to be reserved for a specific park. LCA's Donor Bill of Rights outlines our obligation and commitment to our donors.
Due to the opportunity to upgrade Bauler Park beyond the equipment being provided by the Park District, your support of LCA's parks program will be more important than ever this year. Please support your parks!
JOIN LINCOLN CENTRAL
Not a member of Lincoln Central? Why not join today?
LCA ADOPTS NEW BYLAWS
In order to correct deficiencies and to ensure the efficient, modern practices of a non-profit corporation are codified into Lincoln Central Association's governing documents, the Board of Directors proposed earlier this year that LCA's membership vote to adopt new by-laws drafted by the Governance Committee of the Board.
All LCA members in good standing were eligible to vote and were invited to a Special Meeting held on Saturday, June 4 at 1:00PM. A vote of all members present was taken and the new bylaws were unanimously adopted. You can read the newly adopted bylaws here.
LINCOLN PARK NEWS
- Five-Story Residential Building On Clark Approved By City's Plan Commission July 22, 2016The project at 2050 N. Clark St. will offer 32 residential units and 31 parking spaces.
- Price Tag for North Pond Revamp Could Be $12 Million July 22, 2016Cost could change based on final details but effort needed as pond is "loved to death," officials say.
- Chicago Air and Water Show: What You Need to Know July 22, 2016The annual lakefront show runs Aug 20 and 21.
- 140-Year-Old Church Back On Market After Neighbors Reject Condo Deal July 22, 2016The church is being "held hostage" by its neighbors, the property's listing agent said.
- La Colombe Coffee Shop Opening In Heart Of Lincoln Park July 22, 2016It'll be the fourth Chicago location for the Philadelphia-based artisan coffee roaster.
- Schools Will Lose $140M, Despite CPS Claim of No Classroom Cuts, Data Shows July 22, 2016DNAinfo analysis: Take a look at your school's budget.
BECOME A MEMBER OF LINCOLN CENTRAL
Not a member of Lincoln Central Association? Why not join today using our secure online payment system? Memberships start as low as $20 per year.
LCA serves as an advocate for the neighborhood. We champion green space, historic preservation, thoughtful new-home construction and public safety. LCA works closely with the Alderman’s office and other elected officials, local police and fire departments, schools and neighboring associations on a variety of initiatives for the betterment of our neighborhood. Each month, we publish a free, award winning newsletter, From the Heart, focusing on our neighborhood. Learn more about why you should become a member of Lincoln Central Association.
Alderman Michele Smith and Lincoln Central Association invite all neighbors to an open Community Meeting regarding Sedgwick's Bar & Grill's (1935 N. Sedgwick) Application for an Outdoor Cafe Permit.
Tuesday, July 12th at 6 P.M.
1935 N. Sedgwick (Sedgwick's)
Alderman Smith (773) 348-9500
Lincoln Central Association (312) 409-2738
Mario Davila (Sedgwick owner) (517) 881-4737 ... See MoreSee Less
Thanks to everyone who attended Sunday Summer Sipper. It was a great afternoon of food, beverage and fun. If you missed it, we'll be back at Fire Station Park for "An Evening in the Garden" on Thursday evening September 15. Mark your calendars now. ... See MoreSee Less
Thanks to everyone who attended Sunday Summer Sipper. It was a great afternoon of food, beverage and fun. If you missed it, we'll be back at Fire Station Park for "An Evening in the Garden" on Thursda...
Magic meets Magic this afternoon, Sunday June 26, at 5:00 PM in Fire Station Park when award winning magician Mister Danny, the inventor of the Selec-Trick Deck, a trick done with an electric deck, performs amazing tricks around the beautiful new sculpture in Fire Station Park, "Magic" provided by the Chicago Sculpture Exchange. "Magic's" sculptor, John Adduci plans to be in attendance the party. Please join us! ... See MoreSee Less
Don't forget Sunday Summer Sipper at 5:00 PM this Sunday afternoon, June 26, at Fire Station Park. Jeff Lawler of Geja's Cafe, voted last year as the most romantic restaurant in the country, will be on hand to serve you Geja's famous Sangria. Thanks Jeff and Geja's! ... See MoreSee Less